Spatial Statistics 2013
4th -6th June, 2013 | Columbus, Ohio
Revealing intricacies in spatial and spatio-temporal data with statistics
Spatial Statistics 2013 offers Poster Presenters the option to take part in the new (free) app: Poster in my Pocket. Click here to learn more or view our
60 seconds video.
Daniel A. Griffith
, Conference Chair
"On behalf of the Organizing Committee, we welcome you to the 2nd Conference on Spatial Statistics: revealing intricacies in spatial and spatio-temporal data with statistics. You should note from the program that this is a truly international meeting…" View full letter from Organizing Committee here
Robert Haining, University of Cambridge, UK
Pierre Legendre, University of Montreal, Canada
James P. LeSage, Texas State University, USA
Lance A. Waller, Emory University, USA
Jinfeng Wang, Chinese Academy of Sciences at Beijing, China
Sudipto Banerjee, University of Minnesota, USA
Montserrat Fuentes, North Carolina State University, USA
Jorge Mateu, University Jaume I of Castellon, Spain
Ronny Vallejos, Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María, Chile
Tonglin Zhang, Purdue University, USA
Spatial statistics is a rapidly developing field which involves the quantitative analysis of spatial data and the statistical modelling of spatial variability and uncertainty. Applications of spatial statistics are for a broad range of environmental disciplines such as agriculture, geology, soil science, hydrology, ecology, oceanography, forestry, meteorology and climatology, but also for socio-economic disciplines such as human geography, spatial econometrics, epidemiology and spatial planning.
Spatial Statistics will be three days filled with a comprehensive, international program, networking activities and learning opportunities. The conference program is online. Click here to view the full program. Register here to join the conference.
What to expect from the Conference
- Learn from internationally renowned researchers in a comprehensive program covering all aspects of Spatial Statistics.
- Understand the current state of research and the challenges in the field
- Present your latest research as a poster (or a possible oral presentation) and have a chance to receive the Best Poster Award!
- Network with international colleagues
- Experience the beautiful city of Columbus!
Papers from the conference will be eligible for publication in a special issue of Spatial Statistics (guest editors: A. Stein, D. Griffith, S. Stehman):
- 15 June 2013: all invited speakers and the selected speakers/poster presenters identified during the conference will have been invited.
- 1 September 2013: deadline for submission by the invited speakers and the selected contributors.
- 1 September 2013: key reviewers will be identified, and manuscripts distributed to them.
- 1 October 2013: comments from the reviewers are due.
- 15 November 2013: resubmissions of revised papers are due.
- 15 December 2013: comments from reviewers on re-submissions are due.
- 5 January 2014: final decisions are made.
Given sufficient interest and appropriate topics, papers also will be eligible for special issues of Geographical Analysis and Computers & Geosciences.